February 18, 2021
TiVo Extends License Deals with Vodafone, Sharp Corp.
TiVo continues to expand its digital content distribution, search functionality and other home entertainment technology with separate license software renewals with South Korea’s Sharp Corp. and U.K.’s Vodafone. Sharp will utilize TiVo’s G-Guide products, including G-Guide HTML, G-Guide xD and remote schedule recording service across compatible television and Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc recorder products in the Japanese market, including the latest AQUOS 8K UHD series televisions.
Vodafone, with more than 300 million mobile customers, 27 million fixed broadband subs and more than 22 million TV customers, will have greater access to a range of TiVo products, including content discovery, voice-activated functionality and data analytics. The new agreement also provides access to TiVo’s myriad patented innovations.
Full Coverage Below
- Media Play News: TiVo Extends License Deals with Vodafone, Sharp Corp.
- NextTV: TiVo Patent Juggernaut Ties Up 2 More – Vodafone and Sharp
- Telecompaper: TiVo extends licensing deals with Vodafone, Sharp
- Advanced Television: Sharp, TiVo extend deal
- Digital TV Europe: Vodafone and TiVo extend licencing deal
- Light Reading: Vodafone reups with TiVo
- MarTech Series: Vodafone Extends Licensing Agreement with TiVo to Transform TV Viewing for Customers
- Rapid TV News: Vodafone extends licensing agreement with TiVo
- The Fast Mode: Vodafone Extends Multi-year Licensing Agreement with TiVo